The Alberta Girl Acres
Cut Garden Club
Registration for 2022 is now closed.
From March until October, find a bit of peace and join us as we plan our gorgeous summer gardens. Sign up for access to articles, how-to resources, specialty seedlings*, and lots of other sweet perks and bonuses!
This club is designed for *hobby gardeners* with a special interest in cut flowers. Focused on accessible, sustainable, and all natural growing methods, our primary aim is to help you create the healthiest and most beautiful garden for any space you might have. Sarah will share our processes throughout the growing season, as each topic becomes applicable to our Northern gardening schedules.
*Seedlings are limited and are available to our Local "Seedling Plus" Members only.
Memberships are annual, and we offer two membership tiers:
Standard - $100.00 + gst
Standard members get access to our weekly content, including garden planning, growing how-tos, strategies for pest and disease mitigation, and features on favourite cut flowers and vegetable varieties, all from March until October.
Local "Seedling Plus" - $150.00 + gst
Our Local "Seedling Plus" Membership includes access to our weekly content from March until October, as well as $50 in credit which may be applied to our spring seedlings. Please note seedlings are available in limited supply, to *local members* only (Calgary and area), as we cannot ship them. Members will be asked to pickup seedlings from a designated Calgary pickup point, location TBA.
Seedling Plus Update!
We're now offering Local Seedling Plus Memberships to Camrose and area! Pickup location TBA.
TO SIGN UP (2022 Sign Up is now closed)
1. Read our Terms of Service.
2. Scroll down this page to the pretty garden images and select your desired membership.
3. Purchase the membership and enter your information as prompted.
4. Within 24 hours you will receive a welcome email. Keep an eye on your spam inboxes!
(Please ensure your inbox doesn't filter email@example.com)
5. In the welcome email from Sarah, you'll receive final instructions for signing into our "Members' Access" section.
- Signing up for our newsletter is *not* the same thing as purchasing a membership.
(But we still appreciate you signing up!)
- Individual access to our Members' Section will not be granted until Sarah has approved your membership request.
If you are Indigenous, First Nations, or Métis, please get in touch before registering. We would be happy to make this program more accessible to you in whatever way we can.
Our 2022 schedule:
From March to April our club will cover:
- Garden Planning and Basic Requirements
- Understanding Hardiness & Frosts
- Understanding Annuals, Biennials, and Perennials
- Top Varieties for Northern Growers
- Seed, Bulb and Roots Sources
- Tools & Supplies
- Seed Starting
- Water and Irrigation
-Using Landscape Fabric
- Companion Planting
- Pest Mitigation Pt 1: Critters
- Potting Up and Hardening Off
From May to June we will cover:
- Direct Sowing
- Pest Mitigation Pt 2: Bugs
- Spring Harvesting & Care
- Pest Mitigation Pt 3: Fungus & Disease
- Stormy Weather
- Staking, Corrals & Trellises
From July to August we will cover:
- Conditioning & Vase Life
- Pest and disease control
- Thinking Ahead
- Floral arranging
- Flower drying and preserving
From September to October we will cover:
- Garden Bounty!
- Understanding Seed Pods
- Harvesting and Storing Seeds
- Preserving Essentials
- Bulb Planting
- Perennial Planting
- Fall Clean Up
- Wreath Making